Procurement Intern Recruitment in Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Mercy Corps has been working in Nigeria since 2012 in the most marginalized regions of the country to deliver urgent, lifesaving assistance and promote development. We partner with communities to help them recover and rebuild while addressing root causes of conflict, insecurity, and inequality. Every month we help ensure that more than 100,000 people have enough food to eat, and our work impacts the lives of over 600,000 people across the country.
Job title: Procurement Intern
Reference Number: ABV/OPS/2019/0018
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
• Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment.
• Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
• Good spoken and written English.
• Computer literate and strong organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written English skills.
• Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
• The ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel is required.
• A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
• The most successful Mercy Corps staff members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations.
• Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours.
• Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters in one document, addressing the position requirements, reference number and location to: email@example.com using the Job title as the subject of the mail.
All applications must include the position title and reference number in the subject line
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
We are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Application Deadline: 7th June, 2019.